Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cat in cabin from London Heathrow (LHR) to Detroit (DTW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat in cabin from London Heathrow (LHR) to Detroit (DTW)

Hoping I can get some solid advice. Been trying to move my cats over from the UK for a while now and am starting to lose confidence.

I have two cats, one male, one female staying with my aunt in the UK. I was thinking about using PetAir UK (if any of you can provide reviews) but I'm also flying over for Christmas, so could save costs by taking one back in the cabin with me.

Previously booked a flight with Delta and three reps there told me pets were fine for international travel so I booked the flight, got one of them chipped, had the vet sign off on their health and called up the day before flying out only to find out that pets don't travel in cabin on international flights from LHR! What a waste of time and money.

1. What are your experiences with PetAir UK
    2. Does anyone know of airlines that do allow pets internationally from LHR to DTW?

Really appreciate the help.

Re: Cat in cabin from London Heathrow (LHR) to Detroit (DTW)

Hello - as for flying live animals in and out of the UK, it is not a requirement of DEFRA that pets enter or leave as manifest cargo; it is strictly an airline policy. There are airlines that will fly pets out of the UK in the cabin. Suggest that you try KLM or Air France.
    Susan

Comment

Working...
    X