Traveling from Europe (Cyprus) to Orlando, Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling from Europe (Cyprus) to Orlando, Florida

So I've searched the net high and low and figured out that apart from a basic vet check-up and paperwork I don't need much. I'm in a rabies free country, and it's also worm free (forgot the name of the worm), so I don't need either shot. What I was trying to figure out was, is that all I'll need? I feel like I'm missing something and I don't want the process to go wrong. I've read that it also varies state to state, so would Florida have any specific regulations?

I'm a student in the States and would like to take my dog with me as my dad cannot care for it anymore (he has a thyroid problem, nothing major that would prevent travel, but needs constant care (pills), something my dad cannot do).

Would me being a student impact my ability to 'import' him? Do I just buy him a ticket, and then get his passport and that's it? I've never flown with a pet before so I have no clue how any of this goes but there was no concise and simple guide online, everything let to multiple different pages for different resources and I just want to know I'm on the right path.

Re: Traveling from Europe (Cyprus) to Orlando, Florida

You will need to have your dog vaccinated for rabies a minimum of 30 days prior to entering the US. This is a Federal and State of Florida requirement. You will also need a health certificate issued within 10 days of travel.

You will need to notify an airline that flies the entire route and tell them you are traveling with a pet. Unless your dog is very large, it can travel as checked baggage or in the cabin if it is small enough. Either way, contact the reservations number of your airline.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
      You will need to have your dog vaccinated for rabies a minimum of 30 days prior to entering the US. This is a Federal and State of Florida requirement.
      I'm in a rabies free country though, does it still apply?

Comment

This will not apply to clear customs into the US if you are entering the country from a country that the US considers to be rabies-free. You can see the list here: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/unitedstates.cfm. However, it is important to note that there are state requirements as well which address the need for a health and rabies certificate. You can read thses requirements here: http://www.aphis.usda.gov/wps/portal/aphis/ourfocus/importexport?1dmy&urile=wcm%3apath%3a%2Faphis_cont ent_library%2Fsa_our_focus%2Fsa_animal_health%2Fsa _import_into_us%2Fsa_entry_requirements%2Fct_us%2B state_and_territory_animal_import_regulations
        Susan

Comment

i agree with you. Dog is useful good Animal. When we are go anyplace time in the word with dog. We are not worried about our fixation or things then we are just focus on our propose and enjoy. The largest part you can do is make sure your dog has been well exercised before he dog in the barred enclosure. A exercised dog will be in more relaxed stat any lengthy journey trip.

Comment

I agree with you Buddy! Dog is a useful animal. But I have never taken tours with my dog for 30 days. But after reading your post, I am also planning a tour with my dog. Share more information about this? I am interested to know your experiences. Have you visited any place with your dog?

Comment

Working...
            X