Need Advice: Returning a dog from UK to USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice: Returning a dog from UK to USA

I worked in Cardiff, Wales in the last 3.5 years, now returning to Los Angeles, CA. I need to bring my dog with me. What is the most cost-efficient way to do it? So far, I was getting quotes around 1700 pounds, that is way out of my budget.

Thanks a lot!

Re: Need Advice: Returning a dog from UK to USA

Both Delta and KLM serve Cardiff, and tell them you are traveling with your dog and ask if checked baggage service would be available. (I am assuming your dog is too big to travel in the cabin.) Otherwise, you may consider driving to Heathrow and catching a Virgin Atlantic flight to LAX. Many airlines including British Airways and United require an agent to process pets out of the UK, but VA does not.
    Susan

Comment

Thank you very much! I will try VA

Comment

You can transport your pet animals like as dogs and cats into the UK without quarantine as long as it meets the rulers of the pet travel system. These rules are must be follow for everyone. The UK has been free from rabies and certain the other foreign diseases. You are the answerable for ensuring your pet meets the UK under the pet travel system. be identified with a microchip, have received a rabies vaccination, complete a blood test followed by a three month wait, be accompanied by the relevant documentation.

Comment

Working...
        X