Returning Pet to the US from EU Countries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning Pet to the US from EU Countries

Planning to bring dog to EU and return. What is the US policy on returning (quarantine, etc.)

Re: Returning Pet to the US from EU Countries

It depends on where the dog is traveling from and to. Regulations for the UK slightly differ from the EU. If you are coming from the US, Canada or Mexico, your pet will need to be microchipped with a 15 digit microchip, then vaccinated (in that order) at least 21 days prior to entering the EU. Within 10 days of travel, an accredited veterinarian will complete the Annex II form for the country you are traveling to. If you are traveling to the UK, a tapeworm test is also required. If you are traveling from a country with a high incidence of rabies, additional requirements apply. Complete instructions and forms can be found here: http://www.pettravelstore.com/categories/Pet-Passports/. Returning to the US is not a problem if you meet requirements for the EU. If you are staying in the EU up to 30 days, you can use the same paperwork to return.
    Susan

Comment

Re: Returning Pet to the US from EU Countries

Hi rdermilio,

Not sure if this is relevant, but I'll be flying back to the US with my dog this month or next. I'm organizing a shared pet charter flight with a few other people to avoid putting our dogs in the cargo hold. It's more expensive than flying commercial, but with enough people isn't too bad. Please let me know if you'd be interested, and good luck with your travel either way.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X