Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flying with CAT from Buenos Aires ARG (EZE) to New York US (JFK)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying with CAT from Buenos Aires ARG (EZE) to New York US (JFK)!

Hi all! I'm relocating with my cat, from Buenos Aires, Argentina (EZE), to NYC (JFK) in march 2016. I have read threads in this forum and surfed PetTravel.com but I still have some questions... Hope you can help!

I'm flying with Avianca, with a 2 hour stop in Bogota (Colombia) and made all arrangements to travel with my cat in the cabin. Avianca told me, I have to present an official sanitary certificate (done 10 days prior to the trip), where it states:
    - my cat's identification (breed, hair, size, age, etc.),
    - that it is free of deseases,
    - that a worm treatment and a delouse treatment have been made and to specify the products (which must be authorized--- can you tell me which are the "authorized" ones?)
    - up-to-date vaccination card
    - certificate of well being, made by the veterinarian and validated by a government official

In the forum I've seen comments about a "Pet Passport", could you tell me what is that? What information does it has? And, is it really necessary?

I was thinking about micro-chipping my cat, to enhance safety and/or any request. Would you move forward with this...?

Also, if you could share any other information regarding going into New York and the regulations in that state to take a cat, I would really appreciate it!
    Thank you so much for your help!!

Tamara

Re: Flying with CAT from Buenos Aires ARG (EZE) to New York US (JFK)!

Hi Tamara - your cat's passport will be the health certificate and proof of rabies vaccination that your airline requires. We are in support of microchipping and registering your contact information in a microchip database. It is always a good idea to do that when you travel, especially with animals that may be prone to running away if given the opportunity. Let us know if you have further questions.
    Susan

Comment

Thank you so much for your quick reply Susan!
      Regarding airport security checks, will I have to take my cat out of his carrier? I want to make sure to have everything set up in that event (leash, harness, etc.).
      Can you suggest which brands are "authorized" to do the worm and delouse treatments?
      Thanks!! and Happy New Year!
      Tamara

Comment

Tamara - you will need to take your pet out of the carrier so it can be put through the x-ray machine. If this will cause a problem, then ask for a room so that you can control your kitty better and it will be quieter for it. If the representative does not give you a room, ask for a supervisor.

As for the deworming, Praziquantel is usually called for and parasites, Fipronil or Permethrin, but we are not veterinarians, so you would want to ask your vet.
        Susan

Comment

THANK YOU Susan!!

Comment

Working...
          X