BA 2 Dogs Cargo Dec 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BA 2 Dogs Cargo Dec 2015

HI everyone. I am a new member from today. I need advice on BA cargo hold.
    I am about to put my 2 small Chihuahuas onto a 10.5 hours direct fight to San diego, from Heathrow.
    I am the only travelling with them two so, id rather do a direct flight as oppose to trying to find someone else to fly with me and go via France so they both can fly inside the cabin.
    They have had all their jabs done and the pet carrier I am using is PASSPORT FOR PETS.
    1) Had anyone used this pet handler agent before?
    They have given me a better quote than the rest. PETAIRUK, FLYPETS, AIRPETS. ETC
    2) What is it like in the cargo for the dogs?
    3) Do they strap their box real tight so it doesn't move at all in turbulence etc?
    4) Do they let you know that your dog is onboard safely and secure on the same flight as yourself?
    5) How did one manage while their dogs is on the same fight as themselves? Worry, concern, ask if temp is ok to crew every hour.??
    6) On arrival, what happens to them While you are at POE to get through?
    7) Is it cold in the cargo? Or they have separate temp control to baggage?
    8) How is the baggage separated from the livestock?

Just so concern. I have one anxious little chi, but I am dealing with pet remedy before flight in 2 months time to see if she will calm down.
    Vet says its normal as as long as shes in good health. Which she is.

Just very worrying thinking how they will be treated when your back is turned. How they are feeling during the flight. Taking off and landing. Does it hurt their ears?

Is there a pet travel incident report online to see if any mishaps has happened with BA or World cargo?

Thanks guys.
Working...
X