Transit of pets through Tokyo (Narita), Manila to Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transit of pets through Tokyo (Narita), Manila to Houston

I'm hoping someone can help with this. My wife and I are moving back to the states on a United flight that has a codeshare with ANA. We have separately booked our cats on both airlines, but both airlines have told us we need to pick up our cats from ANA and bring them to the United desk in Narita. As the pets are transiting there should be no need for customs, but I can't find any information on how we can collect our pets without having to go through customs. Has anyone done this? If not, does anyone have a number we can call that will provide us with the information we need. My nightmare is we get to the airport in Manila (or worse, Tokyo) and are told they have to go through customs, which they are not prepared for. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Transit of pets through Tokyo (Narita), Manila to Houston

In order to check your pet with United, it is likely that you will need to clear customs; however, check with both airlines to see what terminal they use. If it is the same terminal, then check out Narita's layout here: http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/guide/map/index.html You can also ask United personnel at Narita what the change of airline will mean for your pet.
    Susan

Comment

Working...
    X