Leaving Sunday with bun for France & hopefully UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving Sunday with bun for France & hopefully UK

Its been a nightmare figuring out what I need certificate wise fot my rabbit to get to France. USair told me to call the Feench Embassy. They have their own ifficial healthcertificate. Nothing at all about
    The International Health Certifucate you hear about that has to go to Tallahassees and be signed there
    I had several vets here yell at me about needing the International Certificate & vets saying that takes to long to get niw and they want A lot of money for it. The French form us easy but calls for a dose of parasitic medicine fir internal and external parasited
    I am worried about that. I read someone rabbit died from meds given for that for the french embassy

I am wortied about getting into The IK where I really want to go from France
    Ive read that once in the EU it is easy to get to UK with a bun
    But a ferry today told me that DEFRA really wants the rabbit to have never been out of the EU

I am desperately trying to fins someone who has made the trip with a bun
    To find out what it was like

I hope to hear from someone who has experience
    That you
    Doreen

Re: Leaving Sunday with bun for France & hopefully UK

The EU does not prohibit the import of pet rabbits and nothing other than a certificate of good health (Annex II) is required.The EU does not prohibit the import of pet rabbits and nothing other than a certificate of good health (Annex II) is required.
    Susan

Comment

Re: Leaving Sunday with bun for France & hopefully UK

Hi,
      Just traveled to the uk with my rabbit a couple of days ago. I did a lot of research and defra eventually confirmed by email that there is NO legal minimum time a rabbit needs to be in the eu before moving to the uk. We took the ferry from the hook of holland, and no one checked microchip or vaccinations, or vets certificate of health to travel at any point (although I had them ready just in case).
      I did lots of short car journeys and stuff with the rabbit to get her used to moving around in the weeks before, and just being in noisy public spaces. I think it helped a lot as when we finally moved she seems very chilled. She had also been sleeping in her crate for a few weeks so it smelled very familiar and was her territory. I also took some dirty towels she had used as bedding and then put them out in her new home. She stayed very close to these and I think them smelling of her might make it her territory so less stressful.
      Good luck.
      A

Comment

Working...
      X