Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused, help required.

Hi all,

I am currently in the process of relocating back to the UK. I have two cats that need to come with me. They are microchipped, have passports and have had their rabies vaccinations.

There's an awful lot of information about how this works to the UK so I have a few questions:

1. Is it the case that there is no way to have the cats travel with me in the cabin, no matter the destination in the UK?
    2. What the deal with the titer test? Do I have to organise that even if they have microchips?

If 1. is the case, I understand that the easiest way would be to fly to Paris and then on the Eurostar: is that the case?

I am travelling from within the EU, so if anyone has had experience with this, I would appreciate any ideas/feedback.

Many thanks!

Re: Confused, help required.

Dcotruta - no commercial airline will fly any live animal to the UK in the cabin; all animals who are flying must do so as air cargo. You can avoid this requirement by flying to Paris, taking a train to Calais and taking Le Shuttle to Folkestown. (Eurostar does not accept pets). You will need a car to ride Le Shuttle. There are services that will pick you up like Folkestown Taxi or Pet Movers.

As for the titer test, if you are traveling to the UK from another EU country, the titer test will not be required. Your cats must have an EU Pet Passport reflecting a current rabies vaccination administered after a microchip is implanted and more than 21 days before traveling.
    Susan

Comment

Working...
    X