Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easiest/least costly way to take two small cats from Los Angeles to London UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easiest/least costly way to take two small cats from Los Angeles to London UK?

Hi,

I am moving from LA to London with two small cats, I've seen good pieces of info here but am wondering,

What affordable airlines allow cats in (pressurized, climate controlled) cargo? Most that I've called don't allow any into UK even as cargo. I'm hoping to get a flight $500-$700

Do I have to hire a company like petairUK to clear customs for me?

Is it better to fly in somewhere else and get them in some other way–train etc.?

Thanks!

Re: Easiest/least costly way to take two small cats from Los Angeles to London UK?

Jimmy - your pet will need to enter London at Heathrow, Gatwick or, if you are flying with your cats (and you should, much easier as far as rules go), Manchester. The airlines have to be approved to import live animals into that specific airport and the animals must travel as air cargo, so you will need to contact the cargo department of the airline.

As to avoiding the cargo restriction, you can fly into Paris, take a train to Calais and take either the ferry or Le Shuttle to England. You will need a car to ride the ferry or Le Shuttle. There are services that provide transportation if you decide to do this. Also, you can fly to Amsterdam, take train to Rotterdam and take the ferry to England without a car. (you need to reserve a kennel on P&O)

Susan

Comment

Re: Easiest/least costly way to take two small cats from Los Angeles to London UK?

PS Don't hire an agent until you find an airline (if you are flying). Many of them have a dedicated agent that they use.

Comment

Thank you, Susan!

Comment

Working...
        X