Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• letter of the owner

Good morning to you all,

i'm an owner of a cat, and my friend will bring it to me, so i have to write a letter that i'am the owner and that i give her the permission to travel with him.

Can you help me by tellling me what to write exactly ?

Do i just sign the letter,and give a photocopy of my ID cart or passport to prove that i am the owner, or do i have to do something else?

Thank you

Re: letter of the owner

It really depends on where your friend is traveling with your cat. Most of the time, a signed letter from the owner designating the friend as their representative when transporting your pet from CITY/STATE/COUNTRY to CITY/STATE/COUNTRY on DATE and AIRLINE/FLIGHT NUMBER will do it. Attaching a copy of your passport is also a good idea.

If your pet is entering a country with strict regulations, then you may want to have the letter notarized, but for most countries, it is not necessary.
    Susan

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
      It really depends on where your friend is traveling with your cat. Most of the time, a signed letter from the owner designating the friend as their representative when transporting your pet from CITY/STATE/COUNTRY to CITY/STATE/COUNTRY on DATE and AIRLINE/FLIGHT NUMBER will do it. Attaching a copy of your passport is also a good idea.

If your pet is entering a country with strict regulations, then you may want to have the letter notarized, but for most countries, it is not necessary.
      Susan

Thank you for the answer, i should be more precise , i am in england and my cat will come from tunisia to the uk passing by calais

Comment

You should be fine with a signed letter and a copy of your passport. Your friend will need to sign a Declaration of Non-Commercial transport attesting to the fact that the transport of your pet is not for reasons of resale or adoption. Clearance in France should have that form if it is required.
        Susan

Comment

thank you so much Susan, your answers are very helpful, have a nice day

Comment

Working...
          X