Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving cat from UK to US (FL)

Hi

I'm repatriating back to the US (Orlando will be our destination airport) with my cat. I was wondering if anyone had any pet services they recommended?
    Ive been in contact with about 5, and the best seems to be with PetAir UK using their Gold Service (for approx 1250) as theyll collect her, keep her in a cattery overnight, make a custom made crate, check her in and get her on her way. My only worry is that I live up north in Sheffield and they are based out of Dorset. So, the cat will be away from me almost 48 hours and I dont want to stress her out. They will be flying her out of Heathrow and I'm flying Manchester (my desired airline doesnt do pet cargo out of MAN) I cant fly out of London.

Would her being away that long be too traumatic on her? Should I try to find someone else?
    Theres a local place called Jets4Pets who will fly her out of Manchester, but theyre quote doesnt include collection from my house (I dont drive and moving back on my own) so dont think I would be able to drop her off to the Cargo area (My flight check in is usually 7am or so) without it being a massive faff.

Thanks all help is appreciated.

Re: Moving cat from UK to US (FL)

Not sure why your cat would need a custom crate. Did you try IPATA.org? Perhaps you can find an agent in or near Sheffield. There are quite a few listing in England.

Comment

Has anyone had experience moving a pet cat from UK to USA. The cat has a pet passport and all rabies jabs but looking to find out transportation methods and costs.

Comment

What cities are you traveling from and to?

Comment

Working...
        X