Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!

So my family and I are relocating to Frankfurt, Germany area and our non-refundable tickets do not allow for us to bring our cat.

My husband is fed up and does not want to pay a lot to bring her. I am freaking out because she's my baby!

I am looking for a kind soul to help me get my cat to Germany either in cabin or cargo on their flight - Of course I will pay you. My brother-in-law lives over there so the date is flexible.

We are leaving July 4th and I desperately want to find a way to get her to us. She is only 7 lbs. and such a sweatheart.

If you or someone you know is traveling to Frankfurt, please let me know!

Thanks in advance for your consideration

Re: Help!!

CJM - who are you flying to Germany with? (what airline?)

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
      CJM - who are you flying to Germany with? (what airline?)
      I am flying with Singapore Airlines. They do not allow for pet travel out of the US.

Comment

OK, you can book her on Lufthansa Cargo and fly her to Germany under the Pet Travel Scheme but she must travel within 5 days of you. It is a lot easier to fly your cat this way as opposed to commercial travel. She will need a current rabies vaccination administered after a 15 digit microchip is implanted and more than 21 days prior to travel. She will need an Annex IV form as well. You can find regulations to bring a pet to Germany here: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/Germany.cfm
        Susan

Comment

OK, you can book her on Lufthansa Cargo and fly her to Germany under the Pet Travel Scheme but she must travel within 5 days of you. It is a lot easier to fly your cat this way as opposed to commercial travel. She will need a current rabies vaccination administered after a 15 digit microchip is implanted and more than 21 days prior to travel. She will need an Annex IV form as well. You can find regulations to bring a pet to Germany here: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/Germany.cfm
          Susan
          Thank you Susan. Yes I did call them and they would cost me over $1,000. My husband is not ok with me spending that much to get my cat over, hence me trying to find someone flying already. If you have any thoughts, please let me know. Thank you so much!

Comment

Also, she has been microchipped and received her rabies vaccine earlier this month. I have an appointment for her to get an International Health Certification from the vet on July 2nd. If anyone is traveling to Germany in the coming weeks, please let me know! I am going to be so sad if I can't figure out a solution in time. She is my baby and my husband doesn't have the same feelings. Please help if you can! IMG_0318.jpgIMG_0114.jpg

Comment

I understand. Why not post something under Craig's List ads or Facebook. Their networks are large and maybe someone will come forward...

Comment

Same suggestion from my side

Comment

Susan
                  Yes, this is the great solution. Also, I will follow..

Comment

Susan
                    Yes, this is the great solution. Also, I will follow..

Comment

Working...
                    X