Traveling through Seoul Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling through Seoul Korea

My wife and I are considering taking our mixed breed dog (Jackie) with us back to Colorado from Thailand. She is a little too big for in cabin (7 kg). The problem is that we have a 5 hour flight to Seoul then an 8 hour layover in Korea and then a 12 hour flight to LAX and then another 8 hour layover and then a final 2 hour flight from LAX to Denver on AA (total Around 35 hours). Korean Airlines has told us that we cannot get her out in Seoul and that she will stay in checked baggage. What can I expect when I get to LAX will I be able to get her out of the crate in LAX? Is this just too long?

Re: Traveling through Seoul Korea

Norm - long layovers are tough, for sure, but Korean Air is doing you a favor keeping your pet as opposed to asking you to claim and recheck it. To claim and recheck your pet, you must go through customs and enter Korea which is something you do not want to do. As for LAX, you will need to claim your pet and go through customs anyway before boarding a domestic flight to your final destination in Colorado. This will give you an opportunity to walk and spend time with your dog before the next flight.
    Susan

Comment

Re: Traveling through Seoul Korea

Hi Susan, Thanks for this confirmation. This helps us a lot to know what to expect at LAX. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.

Comment

Working...
      X