traveling from Canada to Malaysia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• traveling from Canada to Malaysia

I am moving with my two dogs from Canada to Malaysia. I'm having difficulty getting service from pet shipping companies to help me with this move. There are no direct flights to Malaysia, and it's necessary to go though Hong Kong. The strict rules and regulations along with the complicated and extensive bureaucracy associated with transfering through Hong Kong, is making me consider going the other way around and transfering in Europe, Amsterdam, in particular. My dogs can travel as excess baggage from Canada to Amsterdam, but must travel as manifest cargo to arrive in Malaysia.
    Is it possible for my dogs to travel to Amsterdam as excess luggage then transfer as manifest cargo to Malaysia? If so, how would I arrange this? Any advice you can give to help get my dogs safely and securely to Malaysia would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Re: traveling from Canada to Malaysia

Your suggestion is possible, but it will require that you claim your pet, enter the Netherlands and take your pet to your airline's cargo facility. Cargo facilities are generally located on airport property, but you will need to leave enough time to get to the facility in advance to check in your pet. Cargo check-in times are strictly adhered to, so you will need to schedule your layover carefully. You will also need to be sure that your pets have all the documents required to enter Malaysia as well as a health certificate issued within 10 days of check-in. You can get the assistance of a pet transporter to help you with the transfer and that may make things easier for you. Find one at IPATA.org. there are many in Canada who can make the arrangements in advance.
    Susan

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
      Your suggestion is possible, but it will require that you claim your pet, enter the Netherlands and take your pet to your airline's cargo facility. Cargo facilities are generally located on airport property, but you will need to leave enough time to get to the facility in advance to check in your pet. Cargo check-in times are strictly adhered to, so you will need to schedule your layover carefully. You will also need to be sure that your pets have all the documents required to enter Malaysia as well as a health certificate issued within 10 days of check-in. You can get the assistance of a pet transporter to help you with the transfer and that may make things easier for you. Find one at IPATA.org. there are many in Canada who can make the arrangements in advance.
      Susan
      Great advice, thank you

Comment

Susan
        is there any alternative than IPATA ?

Comment

You can do it yourself, but will need to allot for extra time.

Comment

You can do it yourself, but will need to allot for extra time.
            can give me any tips if i want to do this at my own ? any help will be highly appreciated , thanks

Comment

You need to find where the cargo facility for the airline that you are traveling is located. Call them and ask how far in advance your pet will need to be checked in. this will give you an idea whether you will have enough time during your layover. Take a look at the airport and see how best to get your pet there. Ask the cargo officials whether any export certificates will be required.

Comment

Hi All,

I am was looking to do a 10-day trip to East Malaysia / Borneo in September/October with my wife. I was looking at covering good beaches, snorkeling/scuba along with covering the best wildlife of the area.
                Any suggestions on which places I should plan for and how I could cover those?

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
                X