Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Relocating dog to Kenya - any recent experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocating dog to Kenya - any recent experience?

We are relocating and while we have lived in Kenya before we have never tried to bring in a dog before. Is it a nightmare or is it something that with patience is possible?

Re: Relocating dog to Kenya - any recent experience?

Hello Farago - the requirements for entering Kenya with a pet are listed here: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/kenya.cfm You will need to prepare in advance as a titer test is needed several months prior to entering the country.
    Susan

Comment

Re: Relocating dog to Kenya - any recent experience?

yes, be very careful! I arrived two years ago and no one seemed to know where my dog was. Hours later we found him in cargo even though he was not shipped cargo. I was then bribed for illegal fees. I just left Kenya via Dubai and my dog was never put on the airplane even though I checked as I entered the plane with a crew member. I was also told in Cargo that I had to pay a fee for the care of my dog. He arrived the following day in a urine soaked crate and very very thirsty. My dog has traveled many times and has never had a problem with his bladder on a 6 hour flight. I was a bit shocked because I chose Emirates for their reputation with pets. Kenya has become more corrupt than before Westgate...

Comment

Working...
      X