travelling from uk to malaysia with a pekingese and shih tzu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• travelling from uk to malaysia with a pekingese and shih tzu

I would appreciate some advice on taking my 4 year old Pekingese and 3 year old shih tzu from the UK to malaysia. I am reading conflicting information about flying snub nose dogs on long haul flights. KLM has not banned them so is it safe? What is a reliable airline or pet travel agent? What is the safest way to transport them? I am worried for their safety and any help is appreciated. I am aware of the regulations and this query is around the safest way to transport them with least amount of risk.

Re: travelling from uk to malaysia with a pekingese and shih tzu

Ann - get a crate one size larger than your pet would ordinarily require. Don't fly snub-nosed pets when temperatures anywhere along the route will exceed 75 degrees. If mid-day temperatures exceed this, fly at night. Pick an experienced airline like Lufthansa or KLM if they fly your route (they may require an agent and, if you need one, find a licensed pet transporter at IPATA.org). Book the most direct flight possible. If your pet must layover, make the layover no more than 2 hours. Travel with your pet and be proactive about alerting the crew of the aircraft that there are live animals in the hold. Demand confirmation that your pets have been boarded before you do.

Comment

Working...
    X