X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• admin
    replied
    Re: Dog travelling from Malta to Uk and then on to Ireland

If you are looking to keep your pet's transport under the rules of the Pet Travel Scheme, then you can travel within 5 days of your pet's transport. The airlines will not hold your pet any longer than they have to, and there is a good chance that your dog will travel on the same plane as you will, but it is not guaranteed.

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied

Thanks for info but the reason I was flying to the UK was to travel with the dog.The first leg is no problem Malta to Uk then its very difficult.I contacted two agents and neither have got back to me as yet.

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied

When a pet travels as manifest cargo, there is no way of knowing whether it will travel with you until the day of the flight when the manifest is made. It depends on the demands of the cargo area. You should be able to find out the day you travel.
    susan

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied

Cargo reservations of aerlingus. I questioned it and he got back to me to say he had made a mistake. Do you know if I was to get an agent in the UK can I still travel on the same flight or will the dog be stuck in UK for a couple of days?

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied

Who told you that you needed an agent in Germany?

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied

I just found out that I have to get an agent in Germany.This makes no sense at all.I am landing in the UK with the dog with Air Malta but now it looks like I have to go to Germany.Surly I can bring a dog from the UK to Ireland without going to Germany????
    Please help someone

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied

Aer Lingus does fly the route non-stop, and they do accept pets in cargo, however, they may require that an agent book the transport.
    Susan

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied

Its london Heathrow airport

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied

LH? LHR? Sorry, want to be sure I know where you are referring to.
    susan

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    started a topic Dog travelling from Malta to Uk and then on to Ireland

Dog travelling from Malta to Uk and then on to Ireland

I am trying to find out if I can travel with my dog with him checked as cargo from LH to Ireland with Aerlingus to Shannon ,Ireland ?
Working...
X