doubt - dog puppy flying from Denmark to Portugal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doubt - dog puppy flying from Denmark to Portugal

a dog puppy travelling from Denmark (EU country) to Porto, I suppose it must be 12 weeks old, but, is it necessary that the puppy has the rabies vaccine and wait 21 days or the puppy can travel without wait 21 days but with a declaration of the owner attached to the passport stating that from birth until the time of dispatch, the animals have had no contact with wild animals of species susceptible to rabies?

http://ec.europa.eu/food/animal/liveanimals/pets/nocomm_intra_en.htm (point 3)

Re: doubt - dog puppy flying from Denmark to Portugal

According to the new regulations, Denmark will require that your puppy travel with an EU pet passport. Your puppy should be microchipped, then vaccinated for rabies, then wait 21 days prior to entering Portugal.

Comment

Re: doubt - dog puppy flying from Denmark to Portugal

I was asked a similar thing by a friend who is moving from the US to Canada. Per regulation, pets (dogs, cats, etc) should get anti-rabies vaccination prior to moving anywhere (regardless of country). I think that is a major requirement, even superseding the microchip.

I'm hoping you were able to successfully take your dog to Porto. Although weather can be quite taxing on pets for this time of the year.

Speaking of Porto, you'd be surprised that some pizzeria sell caviar there. Lol..a Tony's brand (Tonyspizzeria.se) at Lisbon comes to mind.

Comment

Working...
      X