Dog travel from US to Israel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog travel from US to Israel

Hi, I am supposed to be flying to Israel on the 28th of this month, arriving the 29th, taking my 2 year old dog, a service dog here in the states. She isn't due for a rabies shot here until 2016. I did the titer test just before the new year, and the results will be back in a week or 2. I had her vaccinated 3 days ago although she wasn't due for it, so it would be 28 days post vaccination when I arrive. If she has a clean titer test AND a vaccination done 28 days prior to arriving in Israel would it be OK in your opinion? I am so anxious! Thanks!

Re: Dog travel from US to Israel

Hi Lesley - if the rabies vaccinations prior to the titer test was the first vaccination that your pet has ever had, the titer test should be administered no sooner than 30 days after that vaccination to allow rabies antibodies to build up in the blood. If your pet has had prior rabies vaccinations, then you should be fine to enter Israel. Be sure that your vet records previous vaccinations.
    Susan

Comment

Re: Dog travel from US to Israel

Originally posted by admin View Post
      Hi Lesley - if the rabies vaccinations prior to the titer test was the first vaccination that your pet has ever had, the titer test should be administered no sooner than 30 days after that vaccination to allow rabies antibodies to build up in the blood. If your pet has had prior rabies vaccinations, then you should be fine to enter Israel. Be sure that your vet records previous vaccinations.
      Susan
      She had her vaccinations and wasn't due for her next one until January 2016, but I decided not to take a chance and get her one, so she has it though it will only be 28 days when we enter Israel.
      The titer test will be back and it will be OK because she has been vaccinated before.
      I have a record of when she was vaccinated, and when she was actually due for the booster.
      Oh, you have made me feel SO much better. - Thank you!!

Comment

Working...
      X