I am currently back in Bulgaria for the summer where I have a house but my main home is in France. Usually I simply travel back through Greece and Italy with my dog so no problem and no border checks but this time I would like to explore Macedonia, Albania and Montenegro (and Croatia and Slovenia) on the way back.

My dog has the EU passport and rabies vaccination and letter but understand I may need an international health certificate?

Does anyone know for sure or can point me in a direction to get more information. I have tried emailing embassies and got no response and not getting far with vet in Bulgaria.

There seems something on this site for ordering health certificates but not sure what this is all about or how it can be done without anyone seeing the animal???