Dog from US to Jordan via Paris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog from US to Jordan via Paris

Wondering if anyone has experience connecting in Paris (CDG) with a dog? I was told that I will need to collect and re-check my dog at CDG during my 5 hour layover, but would like to know if this means I can actually walk her/feed her during this time or not. If not, I'm considering extending the layover to 29 hours (taking the next day flight) and booking a pet friendly airport hotel for us so I can make sure my dog is able to eat/drink/relieve herself. Thanks in advance for any information! I believe I have all of the information I need regarding health certificates, microchips, etc for France and Jordan, but just can't find out how the connection period works.

Re: Dog from US to Jordan via Paris

Killie - if your pet is traveling as accompanied checked baggage, then you will claim it at the baggage claim and clear customs. Your idea is a good one and it is not hard to enter France from the US. Your dog will need to be microchipped with a 15 digit ISO microchip, then vaccinated for rabies. If your dog already has a 15 digit microchip, then be sure that it has been vaccinated for rabies at least once AFTER the chip was implanted. If your dog does not have a microchip, have one implanted and have your dog vaccinated for rabies at least 21 days prior to entering France. You will need an Annex II form completed by a USDA accredited vet within 10 days of entry and endorsed by your State USDA office. You can find details and links to instructions and forms required here if you need them: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/France.cfm.
    Susan

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
      Your idea is a good one
      Susan
      Thanks so much for the reply. Did you mean that my idea to extend the stay from 5 hours to 29 hours is a good one, just to be sure that i have time to walk/feed her and hopefully help her relax at the airport hotel?

Thanks!

Comment

It is always a good idea to stop and rest along the way if the route is very long. It appears you will have to clear customs anyway.

Comment

Working...
        X