Frequent International Travel with a Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frequent International Travel with a Dog

Hello! I just took a new job with a brand new company (large, international corporation), that I had to move halfway across the US for.

That said, it is possible that I may travel fairly frequently (once every 3-4 months) to the company's locations in either Europe (Germany or the UK), or China (thankfully no countries with Quarantine requirements).

As I am in a completely new place, I do not have any trusted friends to leave my dog with, so I plan on bringing him.

Is it going to be difficult to travel so frequently with him? I am referring to vaccine and tapeworm timelines, Annex II paperwork timelines, etc.

He has also been trained as a service dog (although not yet registered internationally), if that provides any benefit.

Any information about the possibilities/difficulties of traveling frequently with a pet would be greatly appreciated!

(He is a rescue dog with enough separation anxiety that it would be preferable to go through the trouble of bringing him with, than the emotional instability of leaving him behind).

Cheers!

Anna

Re: Frequent International Travel with a Dog

Sorry, I should add that he is 15lbs and not a restricted or other specific breed (terrier mix).

Comment

Re: Frequent International Travel with a Dog

Hi Anna - you should not have problems bringing your pet with you to the EU or UK, however, China is quite challenging to bring a pet to and Shanghai and Beijing will require quarantine. (http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/china.cfm) There are other ways to bring pets to China without quarantine, but you will need an agent to do that as customs clearance is extremely difficult and there will be a language barrier. Also, know that service animals are subject to the same requirements as regular animals.
      Susan

Comment

Working...
      X