Taking cat from Canada to France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking cat from Canada to France

Hello, i am planning to take my cat with me to France. She was born in Canada. I know she needs microchip first, then what is next? I am moving in November 2014, so when does she need the rabies vaccine?And then what happens after this?

Thank you for any information!

Re: Taking cat from Canada to France

Hi Mavi - to enter France from Canada, your kitty will need a 15 digit ISO compliant microchip, then a rabies vaccination (in that order, but same vet visit is fine), then a 21 day wait (not including the day of the vet visit), then you can enter France with your cat. You will need an Annex II form completed by a CFIA accredited vet and endorsed by the CFIA within 10 days of travel. Check with your airline to see if the Annex II form will be accepted as a health certificate or whether they need a different form. You can find more details and links to step by step instructions and forms required here if you need them: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/France.cfm.
    Susan

Comment

Thanks Susan, so she doesn't need to be seen by a vet after the these steps ( day of travel?)?

Comment

Thank you for your help, so after the 21 day wait, she won't need to be seen by another vet, prior to travel? Do you think it is better for animals in the cabin with you or in the cargo hold? thanks again

Comment

Mavi - as long as your vet sees your cat to fill out the Annex II form within 10 days of travel, there is no need to see the vet again.
          Susan

Comment

Mavi - it is always better to travel with your pet in the cabin unless your cat is not a good traveler. If it cries all the time and causes a fuss in the carrier, then the hold may be better. It all depends on your cat's personality.
            Susan

Comment

Working...
            X