Travelling back to Scotland from canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling back to Scotland from canada

I recently made the move from Glasgow to Canada with my 3 year old King Charles Spaniel. Never had her rabies vaccination as it was not needed at the time, just had to have a certificate from vet stating she was born in UK. Due to unforeseen circumstances i have to now move back home to Scotland and i am unsure what she will need to enter back into Scotland. I had her vaccinated against rabies 2 weeks ago so that has been done. Any help on what documents she needs and where to get these would be greatly appreciated!!

ps i never got her a pet passport when coming over as i did not think she would be traveling back (BIG MISTAKE!!)

Re: Travelling back to Scotland from canada

In order to transport your Spaniel back to Glosgow, your pet must be microchipped, then vaccinated for rabies. This must be done in that order. If your pet has a current rabies vaccination, it must be re-vaccinated after the microchip is implanted. You will then need to wait 21 days (not including the day of the vet visit) and your pet can enter Glasgow. You will need an Annex II form for Scotland completed within 10 days of travel and a tapeworm treatment between one and five days of travel. You can find details and links to forms and instructions here: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/Scotland.cfm.

You can fly directly to Glasgow with your pet on an approved airline, but your pet must travel in the hold. Contact Emirates, KLM/Air France, Thomson or United, whichever one best serves the route from the origination city in Canada.

Susan

Comment

Working...
    X