My Maltese and Lufthansa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Maltese and Lufthansa

Hi everyone, in less than two months we'll be travelling from Iran to Finland. We are taking our 8 years old maltese with us as well. Our flight will be from Tehran to Frankfurt the to Munich and to Helsinki. I have couple fo questions which I appreciate if you help me out with them. My maltese is 6.5 kilos and I was hoping to get him a Sharpa and transfer him with us in the cabin which seems impossible.I have been told by LH representative that pets in the cabin will be transferred to the other part of the cabin and not under my seat.

Iran is not a pet friendly country, and they do not care to inform you about all the required info when it comes to travelling with pets. So please any help is appreciated.

First, our layover in Frankfurt is going to be 2.30 hours, and since my dog is going to be in the cargo area, I want to know how LH is going to handle pets in layover there?

Second, our next stop is in Munich which our layover is 6 hours. This is the major part of my problem. I need to know how are they going to handle my small dog there? Am I allowed to go and see him and take him out of the carrier?

I honestly appreciate your replies since this is my dog's first journey on a long flight, so I am worried sick.

Re: My Maltese and Lufthansa

Hello - have you conformed to Germany's requirements for pets entering from high-rabies countries? It takes 4 months to prepare and you did not mention that these requirements were met. You can find them here: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/Germany.cfm.

As for your airline question, Frankfurt is Lufthansa's hub and they have great kenneling facilities there. As for Munich, you will need to contact Lufthansa to see if they will allow you to see your pet. The policy differs by airline and by facilities at different airports.
    Susan

Comment

Re: My Maltese and Lufthansa

Originally posted by admin View Post
      Hello - have you conformed to Germany's requirements for pets entering from high-rabies countries? It takes 4 months to prepare and you did not mention that these requirements were met. You can find them here: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/Germany.cfm.

As for your airline question, Frankfurt is Lufthansa's hub and they have great kenneling facilities there. As for Munich, you will need to contact Lufthansa to see if they will allow you to see your pet. The policy differs by airline and by facilities at different airports.
      Susan

Yes, I have prepared all the required documents beforehand...thanks for your reply

Comment

Working...
      X