Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travelling from France to the USA with 3 cats & a dog - Help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling from France to the USA with 3 cats & a dog - Help !

Hello, I have the opportunity to move back to the USA after living in France for almost 30 years.
    I live in the south of France, nearest airport is Marseille & I'd be flying eventually to Orlando area.
    I have one dog ( a mutt who is despite his age, in excellent health conditions at 13 yrs.) and 3 cats.
    We'll be three people travelling. I believe the easiest route would be a direct flight from Paris to Miami (I don't think Orlando has direct flights from France)
    What company would be the best for us to travel with our animals ? Who would have the best care of them ?
    Would any of my cats be able to travel on board with us ?
    Up until now, I've stayed in Europe all these years for my animals but now my Mother is alone in the USA & has health issues that push me to go.
    I could never give up my beloved animals to move but I'm so very worried about them during this trip.
    Please advise.
    Plus my adult son has a chinchilla & would be travelling a few months later to live with us in the USA. Would there be restrictions for him ?
    Thank you in advance for your answers.

Re: Travelling from France to the USA with 3 cats & a dog - Help !

Hi Vic - try Air France. They have direct flights and would allow one pet per passenger. Delta also flies the route, but you would have to verify they are not flying a 767 on the route as that plane does not accommodate pets in the hold.

Your son's chinchilla should have a recently issued health certificate.

Comment

Hi & thank you for your response. I'll call Air France about it. I also saw that AA & US Airways do have direct flights. I don't think US Airways accepts animals though. When you mentioned about having one pet per passenger, do you mean that eventually my cats will be able to travel in the cabin with us ? This would be fanatastic !!! I worry terribly about my medium sized 13 yrs. old dog though . Wouldn't it be dangerous at his age despite the fact he's in great shape ? I'm so worried about this that although my dream is to finally be able to go home, I may not go because of him.

Comment

Hi Vic - your kitty should do fine in the cabin with you as long as he is accustomed to being in a carrier.

Comment

Working...
        X