US to NZ to UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US to NZ to UK

After a year in NZ, would I have to restart the dog passport process to have him enter the UK?

The idea is, after a year in NZ, my UK girlfriend and I will get married and live in the UK.

Re: US to NZ to UK

Easy enough. You will need to microchip your dog, then vaccinate it for rabies at least 21 days prior to entering the UK. Within 10 days of travel, your veterinarian will complete the Annex II form for the UK. Within one and five days of travel, your pet will have a tapeworm treatment. You can find details and links to instructions and forms here: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/UnitedKingdom.cfm
    Susan

Comment

Ah, thank you very much! I am certain I'll have a lot more questions as this process continues. Thanks

I apologize for my late response, busy planning all this nonsense!

Comment

I don't have a time of departure yet, but do you have any Pet Courier services to recommend from the USA to NZ?

I was reading the guidelines for importing a dog and it says a dog could have a minimum 10 day stay in quarantine to a maximum of 6 months. Is there anyway to avoid the 10 day and goodness forbid, the six months?

He is on his way to getting a new microchip in place of the old one and his rabies titre started.

Sorry, I have a lot of questions and I can't seem to find answers that calm any fears I have.

Thank you for your time!

Comment

Hello - we provide services from Florida, but if you are not located in this state, then you can consult IPATA.org for a pet transporter. You can search for a transporter by country.

We are not aware of a way to avoid quarantine when entering New Zealand. If you are entering New Zealand from the US, the quarantine should be 10 days as long as the paperwork is correct. Remember that the rabies vaccination is done after the microchip is inserted and the titer test should be done 30 days after the vaccination.

Let me know if you have further questions.
          Susan

Comment

Sorry for the late response.

Do I have to purchase the forms or are they free to print online?

His first appointment is tomorrow. I see that I can purchase and print forms from this site, but is that necessary or can I use the model ones from the NZ govt website?

Comment

That was a stupid question, more importantly

The parasite checks that happen 30 days prior to his departure, can those happen before the 90 day Titre mark is up? Or would be ANOTHER month after his Titre 90 days?

Comment

The tapeworm treatment needs to happen between one and five days prior to departure. The timing has nothing to do with titer test.
                Susan

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Last one for now!

He is all ready micro-chipped, but I am unsure of the type of chip. Will a scan tell that and can they just put another in him?

Comment

Yes and yes! A scan will tell you and if not ISO compliant, your vet can rechip.
                      Susan

Comment

First vet visit went well, but I feel I made a mistake.

I am using the dogs all ready implanted microchip and bringing my personal reader along or sending it with his crate. Thats allowed, yes?

The mistake, I think; is what's up with APHIS?

Can the forms my vet signed be endorsed by another party or?

Comment

I should say, he is not USDA certified; but for the standard testing (rabies, parasites, etc) can he sign those and have them be effective?

And then Annex II, he signs it; fills it out and then I mail or take it in to be endorsed?

Comment

A USDA accredited vet needs to fill out the Annex II form and the APHIS form. The tapeworm certificate does not need to go to the USDA for endorsement if you are accompanying your pet.
                            Susan

Comment

Working...
                            X