Small Dog to Shanghai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Dog to Shanghai

Dear all: I am currently working at a Public University in Changzhou, less than 200 km from Shanghai. I am Spanish, and I intended to go home (Málaga, spain) and come back to China with books and with my pet (a Jack Russell). I checked with the airline (the Russian Airflot) and it will be ok. But I urgently need to know which papers do the Chinese authorities need. Of course, my dog has her passport, vaccines sorted out, chip, etc.
    My concern is with the Chinese Policy and its regulation concerning a dog coming into China.
    Please, may anyone outside help me? I'd be really grateful.
    Sincerely,
    Macarena J.

Re: Small Dog to Shanghai

Your pet must meet the requirements on this page: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/china.cfm. There will be 7 days of quarantine upon entry. If you need the services of an agent to clear your pet, you can find one at IPATA.org. Search for pet transporters.
    Susan

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
      Your pet must meet the requirements on this page: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/china.cfm. There will be 7 days of quarantine upon entry. If you need the services of an agent to clear your pet, you can find one at IPATA.org. Search for pet transporters.
      Susan
      Dear Susan, Thanks a lot. Thank for the indication of the webpage. Are you sure about the quarantine? I read some information on line and, apparently, Spain is not among those countries which require quarantine. Is recommendable to hire the services of an agent? What does it exactly do? If you have time, I'd appreciate your answer. Nevertheless, thank you for the info above.

Comment

An agent can certainly be of assistance when clearing customs in Shanghai and we would recommend one. Many people avoid quarantine altogether with the use of an agent. If you go to IPATA.org and click on Search for a Pet Transporter, you will find one. The contact information is there.
        Susan

Comment

Working...
        X