Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to US with my Shih tzu

Hi , I'm from
    Philippines, I really really need help about my shih tzu.. I want to bring him with me In the US. I booked my flight with delta and inform
    Them I have a dog. They told me the only allowed kennel size is 13x15x10 collapsible, my shih tzu is a little longer than the approved size. And also Im having a hard time looking for approved kennel brand. Do
    A customized kennel carrier is okay??? It's soft though. Also will be okay even the kennel will be Atleast 19 inches. I hope I get an answers. Please share your experience . I can't leave him, nobody will take care of him. If not what is the best option?? Cargo hold!! Please.

Re: Moving to US with my Shih tzu

If you are looking to fly your pet in the cabin, and Delta has told you they will approve that, you will need a carrier that has a waterproof bottom, adequate ventilation and is totally secure. (your animal cannot escape). The airlines can be pretty strict about the requirement that your pet must be able to stand up and turn around in the carrier. There are carriers available that are 19" in length and we have had no reports of trouble with them. If your pet is traveling as checked baggage, you will need a hard plastic crate, also with a waterproof bottom, adequate ventilation (4 sides) and a door with a very secure lock. As your pup is a snub nosed breed, it would be better to carry it in the cabin if possible.
    Susan

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
      If you are looking to fly your pet in the cabin, and Delta has told you they will approve that, you will need a carrier that has a waterproof bottom, adequate ventilation and is totally secure. (your animal cannot escape). The airlines can be pretty strict about the requirement that your pet must be able to stand up and turn around in the carrier. There are carriers available that are 19" in length and we have had no reports of trouble with them. If your pet is traveling as checked baggage, you will need a hard plastic crate, also with a waterproof bottom, adequate ventilation (4 sides) and a door with a very secure lock. As your pup is a snub nosed breed, it would be better to carry it in the cabin if possible.
      Susan

Thank you Susan, they told me its oaky but my problem is they wnt it to be 13inches long.. Which is impossible. My dog is somehow big.. And would be trouble..

Comment

I have not heard Delta quote that 13" long for a passenger. That sounds like the dimension for width. Try speaking with another agent.

Comment

Working...
        X