Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! What are the pet layover procedures for Shanghai?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! What are the pet layover procedures for Shanghai?

I am flying from Kuala Lumpur to the US next month and I have a layover in Shanghai. I am also changing airlines there. From what I've read else where that means I have to get my luggage off the first airplane and take it to the check-in counter for my new airplane..........which means I have to bring my cat into China. Is this true? If so, does this mean my cat will have to go into quarantine?

Can anyone please help explain to me how this process works? If my understanding is correct then I need to change my flight arrangements.

Thank you!

Re: Help! What are the pet layover procedures for Shanghai?

Hello Krystianya - you really don't want to enter China if you can help it as there is quarantine, even from a country with a low incidence of rabies. (Kuala Lumpur is not on that list.) It will be very complicated. If you are transiting airlines, that is fine, but changing airlines and clearing customs is not a good idea if you can help it. Try to change your reservations.
    Susan

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
      Hello Krystianya - you really don't want to enter China if you can help it as there is quarantine, even from a country with a low incidence of rabies. (Kuala Lumpur is not on that list.) It will be very complicated. If you are transiting airlines, that is fine, but changing airlines and clearing customs is not a good idea if you can help it. Try to change your reservations.
      Susan
      Thank you for your information. I'm limited in my flight time frame, so it looks like my only other options are Tokyo and Manila. Do you know what the layover/changing airlines procedures are in those airports?

Comment

We're also looking at Seoul with Korean Air. That is our top pick right now. Is that airport for layovers and changing airlines with a pet? She'll most likely be checked baggage.

Comment

Working...
        X