Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US to Sweden - What to expect in Frankfurt for Carry-on Cat

Hello,

I'm new to forum. We are getting ready to move next to month to Sweden from US. We have him chipped and vaccinated. And will have exam and ppwk filled out by USDA within 10 days of flight.
    I will be carrying on in the cabin our cat, likely with Lufthansa.

I'm wondering what the process is like when we transfer planes in Frankfurt?
    Will the customs/health paperwork be checked in Germany instead of Sweden.
    Should I have our vet fill out the form in German, Swedish or English?
    How much time should I allow for the transfer?

Thank you!

Re: US to Sweden - What to expect in Frankfurt for Carry-on Cat

It depends on whether you are changing airlines. If you are staying on Lufthansa, you will not need papers to enter Germany as you will transit through the secure area of the airport.
    Susan

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
      It depends on whether you are changing airlines. If you are staying on Lufthansa, you will not need papers to enter Germany as you will transit through the secure area of the airport.
      Susan
      What about if I have to change airlines in EU to reach my destination, however it's all booked through one airline, but the second leg of the journey is with a partner airline. In that kind of transit, do I still have to conform to the rules of the transiting country?

Thank you

Comment

If you are changing airlines, despite the fact that it is a partner airline, you will be subject to a new fee and to the pet policies of the new airline. As to whether you need to clear customs, you need to contact the airline for that information. If the partner uses the same gates as the originating airline, the chances are that you do not have to leave the secured area.
        Susan

Comment

Working...
        X