Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cat to quarantine - experiences for Netherlands..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat to quarantine - experiences for Netherlands..?

Hello,
    I am trying to take my cat from Equatorial Guinea (high rabies country) to the Netherlands/Finland. I have sorted out vaccinations and blood titre test due to EG being high in rabies risk.. But the trouble is I might want to travel before the 3 month period between taking the test and entering destination country has ended. If I don't incline to other options (leave the cat or find someone to fly with him a bit later), I'll try this..
    I just heard that in this case the cat would most probably go to quarantine for the remaining time. Or, sent back to country of origin (which would be quite horrible).
    If I am to take the cat it would be great to know how the quarantine facilities are in the Netherlands..
    Are there any?
    Does someone have experiences?
    I heard I'd have to pre-arrange that myself. I just can't seem to find online any information of quarantine premises, or kennels that work as such..! If anyone could tell me more about this, that would be great.

Is it a bad option to have the cat put into quarantine for a time between 1-2 months?

thanks for any advice,
    best
    Miila

Re: Cat to quarantine - experiences for Netherlands..?

Hello Milla,

Schiphol Airport (the primary international airport in Amsterdam) has an animal boarding and quarantine facility on premises. You will want to contact the airport directly for costs and to make arrangements. The main number for the airport is +31-207940800. The number for the Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority, which handles animal imports into Schiphol, is +31 20 524 4600. I've heard from pet owners that the animals are well cared for and the facilities well maintained. It's a major hub for animal imports into Europe and is well managed.

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thank you for the phone numbers and tips..! This will be helpful when figuring out the best way to go with the pets.

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thank you for the phone numbers and tips..! This will be helpful when figuring out the best way to go with the pets.

Comment

Working...
        X