Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning to move with my pet from New Delhi to Los Angeles CA US

Hello,

I am planning to move my Dog from New Delhi to USA (Los Angeles). This would be the first time i am planning to make a travel with my Pomeranian who is 13 yrs old. I have lot of questions since i am very worried about this move which i am planned several times over the last 1.5 yrs but never materialized due to lack of information and courage to let him go through long jrny.

Few Questions i have are:
    a. Does any professional pet movers help in the move and are they worth considering as an option?
    b. If i can bring my pet via special charter planes, do anyone has the information on how and where can i get that information from?
    c. Is Lufthansa the best option as they have pet lounges?

Thanks,

Anmol Kumar

Re: Planning to move with my pet from New Delhi to Los Angeles CA US

Hello Anmol - if you are accompanying your pet, a pet transporter would be helpful, but not necessary as long as you are familiar with the requirements for leaving India (Export Certificate from AQIS) and rabies vaccination at least 21 days prior to entry and recent health certificate (for the US). Let me know if you need a transporter, and we would be happy to help you. You can get a quote for a private charter here, but it will be more expensive than commercial airlines: http://www.pettravel.com/private-jet-charter-pets.cfm

As for the airlines, you should choose the airline with a direct route or short layovers if a direct route is not available. Lufthansa will most likely require kenneling in Frankfurt, but they have a very good track record for transporting pets.
    Susan

Comment

Working...
    X