Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do I need to know and do for taking a cat from oslo to spain and back... and if

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I need to know and do for taking a cat from oslo to spain and back... and if

I need some help to know what to do if I need to take my 5 y old female cat from Norway to spain and then back..
    I travel every other month or so but if I can take her I would prob stay 3 months and then take her back and forth with me...
    Shes fully vacinated and spaded and chipped.

Also my 2nd question...

I v found a kitten, shes now about 3 months old in spain and I would like to adopt her and take her to Norway with me and stay my usual few months then return to spain for 2/3 months and then back again.....

Is this at all possible for me to travel back and forth with my cats?

I know I need to start the vacinating and get her chipped (the kitten ) and spaded but what else besides rabies vacination do I need?
    And how does this all work in practice...........

3rd one, A friend has bought a dog in spain, only a puppy ( about 8/10 weeks old ) , how would they go on to take it to Norway..........
    They may take it back to spain later too...........

But that cat questions is really whats important to me
    Last edited by sunnyhope; 03-06-2013, 06:36 PM. Reason: aded information

Re: What do I need to know and do for taking a cat from oslo to spain and back... and

The requirements are exactly the same whether you are traveling from another EU Country or any other country with a low incidence of rabies.

The pet must first be microchipped with the ISO 15 digit non-encrypted microchip. After the pet is microchipped it must then be vaccinated for rabies and there is a 21 day wait to enter the EU Country. Norway also requires that the puppy be treated for tapeworms 1 to 5 days prior to entering Norway. There is no such requirements for cats.

You then have a choice of using the Annex II veterinary certificate for Norway or asking your vet in Spain to get you a blue pet passport for your pet.

Susan

Comment

Re: What do I need to know and do for taking a cat from oslo to spain and back... and

Originally posted by admin View Post
      The requirements are exactly the same whether you are traveling from another EU Country or any other country with a low incidence of rabies.

The pet must first be microchipped with the ISO 15 digit non-encrypted microchip. After the pet is microchipped it must then be vaccinated for rabies and there is a 21 day wait to enter the EU Country. Norway also requires that the puppy be treated for tapeworms 1 to 5 days prior to entering Norway. There is no such requirements for cats.

Is the ISO a standard or do I need to contact the vet that chipped my cat?

You then have a choice of using the Annex II veterinary certificate for Norway or asking your vet in Spain to get you a blue pet passport for your pet.

Susan

what is best of the annex and blue passport? is there differnce in cost and how to get it?

I v been told if I take this kitten especially out of spain there is gonna be very difficult getting back into spain?
      Would you know if that is true?

Comment

You can get a blue pet passport from any veterinarian practicing in the EU. The annex form is available in our store, pettravelstore.com if you need it. Spain is part of the EU and its rules for import of live animals are the same as all the other countries in the EU. (there are a few with an additional requirement, but not Spain.) The problem comes if your pet is not vaccinated. Then it is difficult. If your pet is microchipped, then vaccinated at least 21 days in advance, you should not have a problem.
        Susan

Comment

Do you know if its any more difficult with kittens under 6 months?
          I dont know how old she ll be when shes ready vaccinated but I v heard its problems with cats under a year old...

Comment

She should be fully vaccinated at 4 months. Until then, it is complicated to bring her to Spain.
            Susan

Comment

The annex form is available in our store, pettravelstore.com if you need it. Spain is part of the EU and its rules for import of live animals are the same as all the other countries in the EU. (there are a few with an additional requirement, but not Spain.) The problem comes if your pet is not vaccinated.

Comment

hhdhdhfdfsdsd

Comment

Working...
                X