USA to Denmark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA to Denmark

We're moving to Sweden soon, but will be flying into Coppenhagen with our 2 pets (cat and dog).

Is it worth using a pet relocation company? Or should I just call the airline and arrange it myself? (concerned about getting all the documents correct etc.)

I know both animals will need to go in the cargo hold, but that's ok because we'll be flying with them. I've been recommended to use Lufthansa, with a stopover in Frankfurt.

If anyone has gone from the USA to Denmark, your help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Re: USA to Denmark

Hello Ally - if you are traveling with your pets, they will travel as checked baggage on Lufthansa. The layover in Frankfurt should be under 2 hours if you want Lufthansa to hold your pets in a secure area (which you do!). The requirements are simple, a 15 digit ISO microchip, then rabies vaccination (in that order) at least 21 days prior to travel. Within 10 days of travel, a USDA accredited vet will fill out the Annex II form for Denmark and it should be authorized by the USDA veterinarian in your state. If you need forms and complete instructions on taking your pets to Denmark, you can find them here: http://www.pettravelstore.com/products/Pet-Passport-Denmark.html.
    Let me know if you have further questions.
    Susan

Comment

Re: USA to Denmark

That's great! Thanks so much for your help! Much appreciated

Comment

Working...
      X