Snub nosed dogs traveling on Emirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snub nosed dogs traveling on Emirates

We are requiring to travel with our two Boston Terrier females from Durban, South Africa to Dubai, UAE. They are a banned breed on Emirates because of their snubbed noses. I would really like to travel with them on Emirates as it is a direct flight from Durban to Dubai - and so a lot less stressful for them, alternatively they have to fly to Johannesburg, then to Amsterdam and then on to Dubai.

Am I able to get special clearance from Emirates in order to enable them to fly? Any recommendations here would be hugely appreciated, or help on how I could go about getting them to fly directly.

Kind regards

Re: Snub nosed dogs traveling on Emirates

You can try offering them a complete release of liability, otherwise you will need to select another airline.
    Susan

Comment

thanks Susan, that is a good idea - are there any differences between cabins of planes that carry snub nosed dogs and Emirates?

Comment

I cannot answer that question, because I am not familiar with aircraft design. This is basically an airline policy based on the number of incidents the airlines have experienced that involved snub nosed dogs. These breeds are more oftenly involved in these incidents. The airlines do not want to assume the liability of carrying them. There are some things that can be done including selecting a crate that is much larger than the dog will need that has lots of ventilation. Also, keeping your dog healthy and within accepted ranges of weight is also helpful.
        Susan

Comment

Working...
        X