in cabin carriers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in cabin carriers

We are flying from China to Italy, most likely via Paris with Air France, at the end of this year with our 2 cats in cabin. All of their paperwork and vaccinations are in order, but I'm just wondering how we know if the carriers that we have are airline approved. They are soft shelled carriers that zip close and have ventilation in the front and on the side, and adequate size for standing and turning around inside.

When I look at the airline's link for approved carriers, they look similar to what we have but is there anywhere that I can go that lists all of the requirements for in cabin carriers? Would like to avoid any last minute suprises.. Thanks!

Re: in cabin carriers

The airlines generally conform to IATA requirements for in-cabin carriers which specify that the carrier must be secured (no snaps or buttons-zippers preferred), have a waterproof bottom and adequate ventilation. If you carrier conforms to those regulations and is sized properly for your pet, there should be no problems. Of course, the carrier needs to fit under the seat in front of you.
    Susan

Comment

Thanks very much for your reply! I think the ones we have will be just fine, really appreciate your help!

Comment

Hi all,

Can someone give me information on what is required to bring a dog to the United Arab Emirates, and which firms can help handle the transportation of a pet overseas.

Thanks

Comment

You can find the requirements to import a dog to the United Arab Emirates here: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/unitedarabemirates.cfm As for an agent to assist you, what country and city is your dog currently located in?
          Susan

Comment

Working...
          X