Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA to France

Hello,

I am travelling with my Pomeranian dog to France and I have a few questions.

I had my dog micro-chipped recently and he has been vaccinated for another 4 years last spring. Do I need to have the vaccins redone? My vet says no, but it seems like a yes.

We are travelling with American Airlines, I'm not too sure about putting my dog in the cargo hold. Has anybody traveled with them before? I have the option to leave my dog with a friend in the US but he doesn't know her, or her dog, and we would be gone for 15 days, it seems like an awful long time, he whines after 5 min of me gone. I have to admit that I'd probably spend 2 weeks worrying as well.

I'm conflicted, is the cargo the right option or should I leave him here?

Re: USA to France

In order to take your dog to France, he will need to be micro chipped with a 15 digit ISO compliant microchip, then vaccinated for rabies (in that order). This must be done at least 21 days prior to entering France assuming you are entering from a country with a low incidence of rabies such as the US or Canada. Other rules apply if you are entering from other countries. A USDA accredited vet must complete the Annex II form for France within 10 days of travel and you need to have it endorsed by the USDA State Veterinarian.

American does transport many pets safely and if you would spend your vacation worrying about your pet, it may be best to take him with you. I would also mention, however, that you do not say whether he has traveled before and is accustomed to being crated. If this is not the case, I would encourage you to start preparations early if there is time and get your pet ready for travel.
    Susan

Comment

Working...
    X