Transferring pet from Int'l cargo to domestic flight as baggage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring pet from Int'l cargo to domestic flight as baggage

United Airlines has been spectacularly unhelpful with travel arrangements for our cat. I am flying from the UK to the US-San Francisco. I began with Petsafe but was told because the cat's flight originated outside the US, they weren't involved. UA Cargo told me the pet could be shipped out of Heathrow only if I used a pet relocation company. Then I was told that the cat could only travel to SFO and I was on my own after that to get it on to our next 90minute domestic flight as baggage or excess baggage. In fact they told me to cancel my onward reservation and then rebook it to declare my cat as luggage. They obviously overlooked the difference in baggage weight allowances for luggage on international flights and for domestic flights.
    Has anyone had any experience with making a similar transfer, hopefully in 2 hours or less? Or is there some other source for help with this?

Re: Transferring pet from Int'l cargo to domestic flight as baggage

Hello,

Unfortunately what United told you was true. The US hotline does not book for shipments originating overseas and you must use a certified pet shipper to transport out of LHR. This is a UK requirement not a requirement from United.

as far as being on your own for the next domestic flight......are you travelling further after SFO? I think the company your are talking to might have problems with interlining between two separate airlines.

You can contact me directly if you have further questions: Campbell@pettravel.com

Regards,
    Campbell

Comment

Working...
    X