Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little dog needs to travel from South Sudan to Ethiopia to Europe - any tipps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little dog needs to travel from South Sudan to Ethiopia to Europe - any tipps?

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and hope to get some good advise for my travel plans. I have adopted a little Basenji girl while working in South Sudan and don't want to leave her behind when starting my next job in Ethiopia. Eventually I would like to further fly from Ethiopia to Europe with her at the end of this year. Next week she will get her vaccinations and chip. Does anyone have good advice on how to bring her from Juba to Addis and eventually to Europe? Are there any agencies who could handle it? Thank you in advance for your reply. Cheers!

Re: Little dog needs to travel from South Sudan to Ethiopia to Europe - any tipps?

You will need an Import Permit in advance of travel to Ethiopia. Your vet will complete a veterinary certificate and a ticks and tapeworm test will be required. Traveling from Ethopia to Europe will require planning as you are entering from a country with a high incidence of rabies. A blood titer test will be required 3 months in advance. Each EU country has its own vet certificate which must be completed within 10 days of travel. There are other requirements for the UK and several other countries in the EU.

You can find instructions and forms here: http://www.pettravelstore.com/categories/Pet-Passports/. If you feel more comfortable with an agency, try IPATA.org and search for a pet transporter.
    Susan

Comment

Working...
    X