Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cat from US to Amsterdam to UK (via Ferry)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat from US to Amsterdam to UK (via Ferry)

Susan et al : I thank you for your valuable input. My situation is bringing my cat from USA (JFK) to the UK (Edinburgh) for school. Cargo and Pet Service fees are very high. I am hoping to bring a cat via Cabin from JFK to AMS on KLM, though the still won't confirm this for me because they see my final destination as EDINBURGH even though I am planning on handing off to local/EU Pet Transport service for the final leg - still expensive but not as much. KLM is being troublesome in this first leg issue...

Regardless, back-up plan is to cancel second leg (to EDI) and take a ferry from Amsterdam to the UK with my Cat. Do you have any advice or knowledge on this or do you suggest flying into France and renting a car for the Chunnel.

Thank you for your time - Rick

Re: Cat from US to Amsterdam to UK (via Ferry)

Your best bet is to fly into France with your cat - several airlines will
    allow the cat to travel in the cabin.

Then take the ferry or Chunnel across to the UK. *Doing it this way you will
    not need the services of a pet transport agent provided you have all the
    proper paperwork which we can provide you with including the instructions.

You would need a pet passport package for France and one for the UK or
    Ireland - the UK and Ireland are similar but slightly different.

Both packages are available here: *If you get the pet passport packages
    review them and then I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

http://www.pettravelstore.com/categories/Pet-Passports/
    then scroll down to the country
    Susan

Comment

Thank you Susan - I will review info and get back to you. BUT - I am looking at all my options...
      1. Yes - cat in cabin will not be a problem given airline options.
      2. Was thinking (as many of your posts show) rent a car one-way from Paris to UK Edinburgh - take kitty on Chunnel Train - but I cannot find a company -I have tried all the big ones ... - who will rent a car one-way to do this ? Any suggestions or companies you know of who may accommodate this desire ? thnx - RICK

Comment

Hi Rick - you may consider a private car hire or limo service. I can not recommend a specific company, but it is not an uncommon way to enter the country.
        Susan

Comment

Susan - I am unclear on "private car hire" - budget, avis, europcar, etc do not rent one way - which sucks.

I will google limo service but believe that is going to be out ofmy price range. Thus, I expect train from CDG/Paris to Calais then Ferry to Dover. Do you know if this is acceptable for the cat ?

thnx

Comment

Rick - there are ferries that have pet crates on the deck that will allow for pets to travel without being in a car. I think this is your best bet.
            Susan

Comment

Working...
            X