Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trip from INDIA to USA with stopover of 3 hr in Germany HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip from INDIA to USA with stopover of 3 hr in Germany HELP!!

Hello, im planning to travel with my 13 kg pomeranian dog in a Lufthansa flight from New Delhi India to Jfk New York, my dog will go as cheked baggage and we have a 3 hour stopover in Germany

does someone know if i need paperwork for the dog in germany?is gonna be d same airline is just a stopover and change or planes

does someone know if the risk of this 20 hr trip is very big? i choose this airline because i have been told is the safest fpr pets.....what is your opinion about this airline?

when i reach NEY YORK im planing to stay 3 days there so my dog can rest and then we will take a flight from NEW YORK TO CANCUN MEXICO which is the final detsination.....im not so worried about this last trip, which will be done with american airlines, because is just a 4 hr flight

im mostly concerned about the 20 hr flight and 3 hr stopover of the lufthansa flight from india to USA........please i would aprecciate your comments on this

Re: Trip from INDIA to USA with stopover of 3 hr in Germany HELP!!

As long as you are only changing planes and not changing airlines, you should not need to clear customs and enter Germany.

There is always a risk in airline travel, but many thousands of pets are shipped each year. The drone of the engines will most likely put your pet to sleep. And the airlines are very sensitive to handling their live cargo.

I would ask for confirmation when you board in Germany that your pet has been loaded on the aircraft. I would also inform the stewardess to remind the Captain that there is a live animal on the hold.
    Susan

Comment

who should i ask for confirmation about this? the captain?....im sorry i started a new thread for this but i had new questions so i wanted to explain my problem clearly, we are also traveling to Mexico, so again that is another headache

Susan my dogs rabies vaccine was put some months ago and is valid currently, he needs it again on OCTOBER but right now is valid still, the vet that will do all the paperwork says that it will not be a problem in USA that the vaccine expired on OCTOBER, because im traveling in SEPTEMBER.......so is like 1 month more validity of vaccine.....Do you think it would be a problem? or is OK if it is still valid? should i put again the rabies vaccine just in case to avoid any issues?

Comment

The crew of the airline should be able to tell you whether your pet has been loaded on the airline. As for the vaccine, you will be fine as long as the vaccination has not expired. You will not want your pet's vaccination to expire while on your trip. If it were me, I would revaccinated my pet.
        Susan

Comment

I had a very bad experience with a plane change. My golden retriever was checked, but somehow he got out of his kennel during the change of planes, and he was on the runway, very freaked out. The airport actually had to call me to come out and help get my frightened golden retriever back in the kennel. I hope you have a better experience than I did. I would recommend trying to get a direct flight if possible for the sanity of your pet.

Comment

I have to take a trip to NYC for business, and I actually have to bring my dog with me. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X