Pets to Saudi Arabia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pets to Saudi Arabia

We are relocating to an assignment from Houston, Texas to Yanbu, Saudi Arabia in September or October. I am concerned how anyone is allowed to bring pets into the country since the temperature is above 85 degrees F year round. Does anyone know what months are cool enough to lift airline restrictions for pet travel? Is there a one person, one passport rule? We have two cats but I will be traveling alone later than my husband to Saudi due to visa processing regulations - can I travel with two cats?

Thanks

Re: Pets to Saudi Arabia

Of the 3 airlines that serve routes to Dammam, Jeddah or Riydah, KLM, Lufthansa and Air France accept pets in the cabin. They will only accept one pet per passenger in the cabin. As for the heat, you will have a problem with pets traveling in cargo in both Houston and Yanbu. The heat embargo lifts around October 15, so the later on you travel, the better. Also, the temperatures in Saudi Arabia drop at night, so choose a flight that arrives there at night, if possible. If you need instructions and forms for taking your pet to Saudi Arabia, you can find them under Pet Passports in http://Pettravelstore.com.
    Susan

Comment

Wonderful - was hoping night travel might permit pet travel. Do you know if Saudi has a one pet per passport rule?

Comment

Most all countries with the exception of the EU have one pet per form.
        Susan

Comment

The rule regarding aproved types of containers for cat,dogs,ferrest and birds flying in cabin and as cargo were created by the international Air Transport Association (IATA)

Comment

Do you have to get all records and documents translated to Arabic and also authenticated by the Saudi embassy/consulate? They will be in English and Mandarin.
            Some sites and relocations say yes, and some say no. Also, anyone have experience with obtaining a pet import permit? Cost? Something you can do on your own?

Comment

You must apply for a entrance notification which must be done by someone in Saudi Arabia. Will confirm consulate endorsement.
              Susan

Comment

Working...
              X