Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

foldable soft sided airline carrier for mini schnauzer wanted--which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foldable soft sided airline carrier for mini schnauzer wanted--which one?

I've got several carriers, not of which are satisfactory because they are clumsy, rigid, or bulky. I want a soft sided airline underseat carrier that will hold an 18 lb miniature schnauzer, but I also want it to fold up to sling over the shoulder, or better yet, go inside the day pack. Baslcally, once off the public transit, I want the carrier to disappear, and then reappear again when needed; not be a nuisance to carry around. So, the carrier needs to alternately serve duty on the subway, train, bus, and hotel room...Heavy steel crates and bags that don't flatten don't count. I know it's a tall order, but some carriers seem to approach this, especially for small dogs. But, the miniature schnauzer is a little larger than the smallest breeds...

Re: foldable soft sided airline carrier for mini schnauzer wanted--which one?

Your pet is not exactly small, so this is a tall order. Can you measure your pet from tip of nose to base (not tip) of tail and from top of head to the ground when standing? Our focus is on carriers that are airline compliant. I don't believe your Schnauzer would make it to the cabin, but the measurements would help to determine the proper carrier.
    Susan

Comment

Right now she's less than 12 lbs. We expect her to be 18lbs at full maturity. Right now, I want a foldable carrier for taking on the subway, with the hope that I can get her to squeeze onto the airline under the seat--which I believe is possible.

Comment

The carrier that we carry that offers the most room is the SturdiBag carrier. The downside is that, the flexibility comes from ribs that are inserted in the top of the carrier. This carrier would not be easily collapsed. A backpack type of carrier might be an option, but we don't carry one that fits under the seat.

Sorry I could not have been more help.
        Susan

Comment

Working...
        X