Pitbulls to Grenada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitbulls to Grenada

I am possibly moving to the Caribbean island of Grenada for Veterinary school and I wanted to bring my 3 pitbulls with me. All of my dogs are rescues and i'm not sure of their exact breeds although i admit they looks like they are pit bull terriers. I have done a lot of research and from what i have found it looks like their is no breed restrictive legislation in terms of importation. I understand finding the right airline might be difficult, but I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with bringing their dog into Grenada especially if it was a pit bull.

Re: Pitbulls to Grenada

I do not believe that Grenada specifically bans the breed. However, you need to file an import application in advance of travel and at that time they will tell you if there is a problem. If you need the complete pet passport package of forms and information for Grenada that includes the import application it is available here:
    http://pettravelstore.com/products/Pet-Passport-Grenada.html
    Jerry

Comment

I did some research I cant find anything that says they arent allowed in Grenada, but everyone in Grenada keeps telling me that they are banned. How can I know ?
      Also I should be moving there soon, I travel alot for work, anyone know if they have a good dog sitting place ?! who can babysit my dog while I am gone ?!
      Also I have been contacting almost every single airline and none of them accept pit bulls except for united, which is the only one who doesnt fly into grenada. If I register my dog as a american bull dog or a breed that looks similar which is legal to fly do you think they will buy it ?!

Comment

The country does ban Pit Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers and any mixes of these breeds.

There would be many options for sitting. Try checking online for pet sitting services. I am sure there are kennels in your town that you can make arrangements with. Ask around your neighborhood. Perhaps a relative can help. Finally, there are retail establishments that board pets such as PetSmart PetHotels.
        Susan

Comment

Working...
        X