Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service animal on European Cruise

Hi,
    I am new to this forum and acting as the travel agent for one of my clients who is blind and travels with her service dog. Princess cruise sent me the link to this website and I'm trying to find out about bringing a service dog/seeing eye dog into the following ports of call in Europe and Canada. They are boarding the ship in London and traveling to the following: Cornwall, England-Falmouth. Dublin, Ireland. Glasgow, Scotland. Reykjavik. Qaqortoq., and St. Johns, NF, Canada. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Paula

Re: Service animal on European Cruise

Hi Paula - any service dog entering these countries will have to conform to the rules and regulations of the country like any other pet. The dog must be microchipped with a 15 digit ISO chip, then vaccinated for rabies at least 21 days prior to traveling. The dog also needs a health certificate and the appropriate forms for each country. You can all the forms and instructions here: http://www.pettravelstore.com/categories/Pet-Passports/. Let me know if you have additional questions.

Comment

Hello, I'm trying to get abit of advice, I'm moving back to the UK from Ireland, it's a very stressful time and I didn't know about the new law for dog passports etc, he has been in today for all necessary checks microchip etc but now I'm told he has to wait 21days before we can go! I'm due to leave on the 12th which makes him a few days short for travel any advice would be greatly appreciated, we are travelling on stena line Dublin swift

Comment

Olaf - your dog will need to serve quarantine for the balance of the 21 days that are due. You need to contact Stena as we don't believe they will allow your dog to board as subject to quarantine. Best to wait or have a member of the family or friend import your dog after the 21 day period has ended.
        Susan

Comment

Working...
        X