Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traveling to the middle east and back with my mini-poodle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling to the middle east and back with my mini-poodle?

Hey Everyone!

Soon my family and I are going to be traveling from the U.S. to Iran and back. I've looked at all of the paperwork I need to get my small mini poodle into Iran, but I was wondering if I would have any trouble getting her back into the U.S.? I don't know what the requirements would be for her after coming back from the middle east or if there would be any. Do any of you know what they would be?

Thank you so much for any information you can give and I hope you're all having a good weekend!

Re: Traveling to the middle east and back with my mini-poodle?

You do not state how long your pet will be staying in Iran, but the US is very pet friendly and you should have no problems returning. Your pet's rabies vaccine will have to be current and you should travel with a health certificate. Your pet will also need to be inspected for screwworm.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
      You do not state how long your pet will be staying in Iran, but the US is very pet friendly and you should have no problems returning. Your pet's rabies vaccine will have to be current and you should travel with a health certificate. Your pet will also need to be inspected for screwworm.

We will be in Iran for four to five weeks. Thanks so much for your information.

Comment

You will need to visit a vet in Iran to get the screwworm test anyway, so just have them fill out a health certificate. It would be better to travel with an up to date one, and some airlines require one within 10 days of travel.

Comment

Working...
        X