Just sent boxer puppy to Argentina on Continental/United Airlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just sent boxer puppy to Argentina on Continental/United Airlines

I want to let everyone know that Continental Airlines (now United) did an excellent job of transporting my unaccompanied dog from Miami to Buenos Aires, including a walk and kennelling during a stopover in Houston. He arrived safe and happy.
    I used these documents and had no problem with Argentinian Customs:
    http://pettravelstore.com/products/Pet-Passport-Argentina.html
    It was strongly recommended that we use a customs broker but a friend who lives there did research with the airlines and Senesa and had no problem. This saved us about $800. But it still took 3 hours to get him cleared and out of the airport.
    One thing to watch: Continental erased my reservation several times. I complained loudly and often. Then everything went perfectly.
    Jeff

Re: Just sent boxer puppy to Argentina on Continental/United Airlines

Hey JJJJ, we are doing a similar travel with our dog from the US to Buenos Aires soon. We were told by United that we need to have a Customs Broker in Buenos Aires because we are not traveling with the dog. We too have a friend there that was planning on picking up the dog. Are you saying that with your experience you did not need an official customs broker? We plan on contacting Senasa tomorrow to confirm. Thanks for your post. I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Working...
    X