Ohio to Cyprus via UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio to Cyprus via UK

I would like to know what are the specific requirements for traveling with 1 dog and 3 cats from Columbus, Ohio to Larnaca, Cyprus via the UK. I have someone helping me with looking for flights etc and she said that the dog will especially need to travel through mainland Europe rather than through the UK. I cannot remember her reasoning behind that, but I understand that the UK's pet policies are now in line with Europe, correct? I would definitely like to fly as direct a route as possible, preferably with British Airways, although I know that all animals will have to go in cargo. I think they operate flights both between most cities in the US and UK and the UK to Cyprus so would be nice to use the same carrier throughout.
    I forgot to mention that all the pets are micro-chipped and been vaccinated etc, they just need the papers stamped. I'm just not sure what the complication would be traveling through the UK.
    Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Re: Ohio to Cyprus via UK

Both Cyprus and the UK have the same rules with one exception. The UK also requires a tapeworm treatment and certificate be issued 24 to 120 hours prior to arrival in the UK. The pets must be accompanied by the new Annex II veterinary certifcate completed by your veterinarian and certified by the USDA. You can find the complete rules, instructions and forms for both countries here:
    http://www.pettravelstore.com/categories/Pet-Passports/
    Jerry

Comment

Working...
    X